What is the BOC?
- Written by Louise Busby Louise Busby
- Published: 10 October 2006 10 October 2006
- Created: 11 October 2006 11 October 2006
- Last Updated: 27 September 2021 27 September 2021
- Hits: 39835 39835
The name sums it up - we are an independent and non-commercial association of people with at least one thing in common - we all own Broom boats.
Who can become a member..?
Anyone who owns/part-owns any boat produced by Broom Boats, and its predecessor C.J. Broom & Sons - young or old, large or small, sea-going or strictly non-tidal . . . and that applies equally to the boat or you! In addition,Club members that relinquish their Broom boats may apply to become Associate members, provided they do not acquire another cruising boat. More recently, the Club has introduced a membership category of Provisional membership for those seriously looking to own a Broom boat. Such membership is offered for about a year. Neither Associate or Provisional membership allows their holders to vote on Club matters, and Provisional members do not have access to other members' contact details.
The aims of the Broom Owners Club....
- To encourage ownership of Brooms boats
- To encourage owners of Broom boats to use, maintain and enjoy their boats
- To provide a forum to give support and assistance for owners of Broom boats
- To encourage members to help other members, by means of information and/or practical help