Constitution & Policies
Click HERE to view/download the current BOC Constitution
Click HERE to view/download the Data Protection Policy
Click HERE to view/download the Notes on the Constitution
Click HERE to view/download the Health and Safety Policy
Click HERE to view/download the Complaints Procedure
Join the BOC
Membership is by boat, although joint owners can apply individually if they prefer.
The Joining Fee is £25/€35, irrespective of what time of year you join.
The annual subscription is £25/€35 and subscriptions are due annually on 1st November, to be paid by Standing Order.
A cheque for £25/€35 should be sent, payable to "Broom Owners Club", to cover the joining fee.
You will then be expected to pay the annual subscription of £25 every 1st November from the date you join.
**NEW PROVISIONAL MEMBERSHIP** If you are considering buying a Broom Boat, BOC can offer you a provisional membership that would enable you to get extra information about Broom Boats and ask questions that can give you the benefit of experience of existing members. For £25.00 you will get access to extra parts of the BOC website, invitations to events and information from BOC plus your own copy of the magazine 'Sweeping Statements'.
Note: There is no 'pro-rata' reduction in either the Joining Fee or the Annual Subscription because you join part-way through the subscription year. In other words, it costs the same whenever you join.
Please send your form, standing order and cheque to the address shown on the Standing Order form.
Unfortunately, due to increased banking charges, we can no longer accept credit cards but payments can be made electronically into our sterling or euro accounts, which may be more convenient for those with currencies other than sterling. Please call the treasurer on 01953 607423 if you need further advice.
Once your application has been processed you will be sent a web login by the Membership Secretary and you will then have access to the members only pages. You will also receive, through the post, a Member's Pack containing a range of useful and interesting information.
How are we organised?
The club is democratically run by an elected committee and is guided by a constitution. Membership fees are agreed annually at our AGM and finances are open to scrutiny in our annual accounts.
Documents are in PDF format, so if you do not have Adobe Reader, you will need to download it (free of charge)
What's the relationship between Broom and the Owners Club?
Brooms welcome a Broom Owners Club organised independently, and give encouragement and support as required.
What's in it for them...?
They build on considerable brand loyalty; improve owners experience by better understanding; introduce new owners to Brooms; encourage existing owners to upgrade/improve; encourage owners to use factory and dealership services.
It's also a valuable forum, providing customer feedback and a sounding board for ideas
What 's in it for us...?
We enjoy Broom hospitality at factory visits and boat shows; make contact with new and existing owners; have access to Broom speakers for talks/discussions; enjoy Broom suppliers and contractors talks, and Q&A sessions
Conduct of Website Forums
- Members and contributors in their comments should not directly or indirectly insult, denigrate or impugn the motives of any other member or officer of the club.
- Whilst constructive criticism should always be welcomed, comments that denigrate or detract from the reputation of the Broom Owners Club should not be allowed.
- A moderator is appointed to moderate the BOC website forums in a way that would:
a. Help to group together and direct comments and ideas into logical threads to aid dissemination and understanding of the content
b. Remove any comments which fall foul of the above policies.
What can you expect?
Member services include:
- Details of forthcoming events and a discussion forum for topics of interest on the website
- Access to cruising companions through our private members database and a forum to discuss cruising plans
- Members reception and discounted tickets for the London Boat Show
- A regular magazine covering topics of general interest as well as keeping off-line members up to date
- Special offers from selected suppliers and commercial partners including 10% discount on insurance from Navigators & General
- Advice on hard to find spares for older engines
- Copies of Owners Manual for popular models
What it isn't...
Just for any one specific category of Broom owners - the broader the membership the more we all benefit
Dependent on any other voluntary or commercial organisation
A way for vendors to gather information about you