Eastern Region's Summer Cruise No. 1
- Written by Andrew Holmes Andrew Holmes
- Published: 29 July 2014 29 July 2014
- Created: 29 July 2014 29 July 2014
- Last Updated: 29 July 2014 29 July 2014
- Hits: 2648 2648
This revolved around a visit and overnight stay at the Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club on 26th July. Seven boats participated at various stages-Yorkshire Belle II which we only took over the day before, Lady Carolyn, Lady Martina, Isabella with the Marjon crew aboard, Salamander, Gentle One and Go Discover, the new Broom 430 with Dan and Chris on board with their wives.
Southern Region's Summer Rally
- Written by Gill Oldham Gill Oldham
- Published: 24 July 2014 24 July 2014
- Created: 24 July 2014 24 July 2014
- Last Updated: 24 July 2014 24 July 2014
- Hits: 2601 2601
The sun shone brightly on the Southern Region's mid-July rally at Island Harbour, Isle of Wight. Twenty seven members and friends enjoyed a weekend of activities that included: a drinks reception; a BBQ; and, a meal at the marina's on-site restaurant, Breeze. On Sunday morning, the now famous annual cricket match took place against members of the Island Harbour Yacht Club. This year, BOC emerged triumphant, winning by 63 runs to 49. Also during the weekend, a representative from the RNLI visited some of the boats to discuss sea safety isuues. Those members involved found this a very helpful excersise.