AUTUMN EDITION OF SWEEPING STATEMENTS
- Written by David Haugh David Haugh
- Published: 17 September 2019 17 September 2019
- Created: 17 September 2019 17 September 2019
- Last Updated: 17 September 2019 17 September 2019
- Hits: 1965 1965
Reedham Rail Bridge Closure
- Written by Robert Middleton Robert Middleton
- Published: 07 March 2019 07 March 2019
- Created: 07 March 2019 07 March 2019
- Last Updated: 08 March 2019 08 March 2019
- Hits: 1536 1536
Norwich to Yarmouth & Lowestoft Rail Line
Please note the following notice that has recently been drawn to my attention:
Swing Bridge Closure - 23rd March to 1st April.
Network Rail are delivering a signalling renewals project along the Norwich to Lowestoft railway line and will be undertaking signalling commissioning activities during a 9 day track blockade. Works will commence on Saturday 23 March through to Monday 1 April 2019.
During the first weekend (23 - 24 March) Reedham swing bridge will be under the control of the signalling tester in charge (TIC), this will require the swing bridge to be locked down in either the open or closed position depending on the testing activities being carried out. During this testing the bridge will be out of use to the river traffic users for a 12-18 hour period, this will be mostly over the night time period.
More detailed information will be shared as and when it becomes available, but vessels wishing to access under this bridge need to make advanced plans during this project.